Support of Permanent Visa Application
Hassle-Free Services of Application to the Tokyo Immigration Bureau on your Behalf
 Requirements for Permanent Residency (1)
You must meet the following requirements in order to apply for your permanent residency:
1. You have been residing in Japan for more than ten years continuously.
2. If you changed your visa status from a student visa to a work visa during the more than ten years, you have been living in Japan on a work visa for around five years or more.
3. If you are a spouse of a Japanese national, permanent resident or special permanent resident, you have been residing in Japan for at least three years after marriage. However, if you lived overseas for any period of time during the more than three years of marriage, you need to have lived in Japan for at least one year.
4. If you are a biological child or special adopted child of a Japanese national, permanent resident or special permanent resident, you have been living in Japan for at least one year.
5. If you are a long-term resident, you have been living in Japan for at least five years since you got the residence permit.
6. You have been granted the maximum period of stay allowed for your current visa (If you are allowed to stay for three years instead of five years, you can apply).
 Requirements for Permanent Residency (2)
You must not only meet the requirements described in (1) above but also satisfy the following requirements:
1. You are of good conduct and character.
2. You have sufficient assets or skills to earn an independent living.
3. Your permanent residence has been regarded to be in accord with the interests of Japan by the Minister of Justice.
 Advantages of Permanent Residency
You will obtain the following advantages after getting permanent residency.
1. You do not have to renew your residency status.
2. Your residency status does not change if you divorce your Japanese spouse or if he/she dies.
3. Your activities in this country are not restricted, and you can freely choose any job.
4. You can gain trust from society to carry out business transactions including real estate purchase.
5. Even if you fall under any of the grounds for deportation, you will likely be permitted to stay based on special measures.
6. You nationality does not change.
 Documents Required for Permanent Residency Application (for Work Visa)
You are required to submit the following documents:
1. Permanent residency application form (eijyu kyoka shinseisho): The form is prepared by Mr. Takahashi.
2. Residence card (zairyu card) (copies of front and back sides): The original is received on the day of the application.
3. Passport (copies of pages of identification): The original is received on the day of the application.
4. Statement of Reasons (riyusho): This document is prepared by Mr. Takahashi.
5. Residence certificate (juminhyo) including you and all your family members (‘My numbers’ must not be written.)
6. Employment certificate (zaishoku shomeisho)
7. Residence tax payment certificate (jyuminzei nozei shomeisho) (for the past three years)
8. Residence taxation certificate (jyuminzei kazei shomeisho) (for the past three years)
※ If your annual income and deduction items are recorded in the residence tax payment certificate, you are not required to submit the residence taxation certificate.
※ You must certify that you have completed payment of your residence tax for the past three years.
9. Copies of health insurance cards (kenko hokensho) (of all your family members)
10. Copy of receipt of payment of national health insurance premium (kokumin kenko hokenryo shiharai ryoshusho), if you are enrolled in the National Health Insurance Program
11. Certificate of payment of national health insurance premium (kokumin kenko hokenryo fukagaku shomeisho), if you are enrolled in the national health insurance program (issued by city hall or ward office)
12. Copy of certificate of deposit balance (yoking zandaka shomeisho) or your bankbook
13. Certified copy of real estate register (fudosan tokibo tohon): If you have no such register, you do not have to submit it.
14. Letter of personal guarantee (mimoto hoshosho) (prepared by a Japanese national or permanent resident)
15. Employment certificate of personal guarantor (mimoto hoshonin)
16. Residence certificate of your personal guarantor
17. Residence tax payment certificate of your personal guarantor (for the past year)
18. Residence taxation certificate of your personal guarantor (for the past year)
※ If the guarantor’s annual income and deduction items are recorded in the residence tax payment certificate, you are not required to submit the residence taxation certificate.
19. Other (commendation certificates, documents certifying your contributions to Japan, etc)
20. ID photo (4cm long ×3 cm wide): The photo must be taken within three months prior to submission.
21. The following documents are required to be submitted when you and your family members staying in Japan on a ‘family stay’ visa apply at the same time:
Wife or husband: marriage certificate
Child: birth certificate or certificate of acceptance of birth report (syusseitodoke jyuri shomeisho)
 Service Fees for Application on your Behalf
If you hire our office to handle your application for permanent residency, we will provide you counseling and on-going support, confirm the necessary documents, prepare the application documents and make the application on your behalf. You will not need to visit the Immigration Bureau in person.
Our fees are as follows.
Our office is your best choice.
|Contract Fee||Success Fee||Total|
|Marriage Visa or |
★ The fees are for one person.
★Additional fees for one more family member: Contract fee-8,000 yen (success fee: 2,000 yen)
※ These fees are applicable only when you and the family members apply at the same time.
(Example of Fees)
Husband: work visa
Wife: family stay visa
Eldest son: family stay visa
Eldest daughter: family stay visa
Contract fees: 39,000 yen×1 person＋8,000 yen×3 people＝63,000 yen
Success fees: 20,000 yen×1 person＋2,000 yen×3 people＝26,000 yen
★ In addition, you must pay 8,000 yen for a revenue stamp for one person (This sum will be paid to the Immigration Bureau after the application is approved).
★ As follow up services, we will:
1. prepare and submit any additional required documents;
2. keep you informed on progress in the approval process, and
3. in case your application is disapproved, eliminate the reasons for the disapproval, if possible, for re-application.
★ You are requested to pay the success fees only when your application for permanent residency is approved.
★ You must bear the expenses of certified copies, issue of certificates, etc.
★ You must collect the documents in person that are issued only to you.
★ Fees for Optional Services
① Collection of certificates at ward offices on your behalf: 8,500 yen for collection at one ward office (in 23 Wards of Tokyo)
(Example: collection of residence certificate or residence tax payment certificate)
② Translation fees: They are separately quoted.
 Flow of Services
1. Inquiry by Email
After receiving your inquiry, we will inform you whether your application for permanent residency is possible or what sorts of documents are required for application.
＊There are no English-speaking personnel at our office, so please contact us by email (English mails are OK).
＊ If you want to interview with us, the interview will be in Japanese. If you do not speak Japanese, please be sure to bring an interpreter with you.
＊ The interview fee will be 3,000 yen per hour.
2. Collection of Documents
You are requested to collect the required documents for yourself.
We can also collect the documents for you (optional service).
3. Preparation of Application Documents and Statement of Reasons
Our gyoseishoshi (administrative procedure specialists) will prepare the application documents and the statement of reasons.
4. Application to the Tokyo Immigration Bureau
Our gyoseishoshi will apply for a permanent residence visa at the Tokyo Immigration Bureau on your behalf.
5. Completion of Procedures on your Behalf upon Receipt of Notification of Approval
After receiving the notification of approval of application, our gyoseishoshi will complete the procedures for acquisition of the permanent residence visa on your behalf at the bureau.
The quotation is free. Contact us any time.
TEL: 03-3361-7585 (10:00-20:00, Monday through Saturday)
Be sure to include the following information in your email.
2. Telephone No.
3. Mail address
4. Residence status
5. Any inquiries or questions